Telephone: 01485 532896
Fax: 01485 535007
Postal address: The Lodge, 46 Old Hunstanton Road, Old Hunstanton, Norfolk PE36 6HX
Grid reference: TF 68402 42207
How to Find The Lodge, Old Hunstanton, North West Norfolk
The lodge is situated in Old Hunstanton on the North Norfolk Coast. Take the A149 coast road from Kings Lynn (30mins) or Cromer (1hr).
The Lodge – Access Statement
- We are a 4 star Inn (Gold).
- The hotel is situated in Old Hunstanton.
- We have 16 bedrooms on three floors including ground floor rooms.
- Our restaurant and bar is open to non residents.
- We aim to ensure that we offer a high standard of service to all of our guests, and achieve this through staff training and appropriate facilities.
- You may contact reception on 01485 532896. We do not currently have a text phone. However, we are able to speak to text phone users with the BT Text Direct service. You may also contact the hotel by fax on 01485 535007 or by email at email@example.com. We aim to reply to faxes and emails within 12 hours.
- Limited information about the hotel is available in large print format.
- Comprehensive information about The Lodge is available on our website.
- This access statement is available on our website, and printed copies are available on request from reception.
- We are approximately 17.5 miles from the Kings Lynn Railway Station, please call reception if you wish us to arrange a taxi to collect you from the station.
- Hunstanton town centre is approximately 1.2 miles from The Lodge, there are regular buses into town from a stop just outside The Lodge.
- Radar toilets are available in 6 locations in Hunstanton; Cliff Parade Bowling Green, Bus Station, Central Promenade, Cliff Top, Esplanade Gardens, Seagate Car Park.
- Several taxi companies in the town offer wheelchair accessible taxis, including Alan’s Taxi 01485 540329 and Peddars Way 01485 572234.
- The Lodge is aware of the importance of the Internet and is constantly working towards making its web content widely accessible.
- The site complies to a minimum of the 508 Bobby approved standard, conforming to the priority level checkpoints of the Web Accessibility Initiative’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Where possible, level 2 and level 3 checkpoints have also been implemented.
- HTML code is validated to 4.01 Transitional strict using the W3C Mark Up Validation Service.
- The layout of the site is achieved through CSS as recommended in document PAS 78. The CSS is validated using the W3C CSS Validation Service.
- Accessibility features are optimized for versions of Internet
- Explorer higher than 5, Netscape versions higher than 4 and Firefox versions higher than 1.
- A sitemap is included giving an overview of the structure, and links to all files in the site.
- Extensive use of meaningful alt tags is made to ensure that the meaning of pictures and graphics is understood by those with visual impairments.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The main entrance to the hotel is accessed from the car park disabled parking bays. The Lodge is situated on Old Hunstanton Road.
- The main car parking area is accessed from the road with an overflow car park to the rear.
- The main car park is level and has a tarmac covering, but the overflow car park surface is of gravel which can cause problems to some wheelchair users, it is therefore recommended that they use the designated accessible parking bay.
- The main car park has space for 12 vehicles and an additional 20 spaces in the overflow car park.
- The main car park and area outside reception are lit at night, but the levels may not be sufficient for those with limited vision.
- Luggage may be dropped off at reception prior to entering the overflow car park.
- A marked accessible parking bay is available immediately outside the entrance to reception.
- Assistance with luggage will always be offered to you on your arrival, and can be requested at any time through your stay.
- We do not have a night porter, reception is closed between 11.15pm and 7.15am.
- The main entrance to the hotel is through double doors leading to a large single door which has a ramp into the building.
- The entrance to the hotel reception area is level.
Main Entrance & Reception
- In addition to the main entrance, there is a rear entrance to the courtyard bedrooms. The Bottle Store, Coal Bunker and Garden Shed both have a small step so are not suitable for wheelchair use.
- There are no steps in the reception area.
- Assistance will always be offered on check-in.
- We do not currently have a hearing loop.
- Background music is played in the entrance or reception.
- The desk at reception is not at a height suitable for a wheelchair, but tables adjacent and beside can be used for registration.
- Paper and pens are available on arrival.
- Some seating is available in the entrance lobby and ample seating is available in reception.
- Reception is well lit, using spotlights and wall/ceiling fittings.
- A familiarization tour is given as part of your rooming process.
- The reception/bar area leads to the separate Dining room which is all on one level and outside to the garden & veranda via 1 step or alternatively via the Main Entrance & garden gate. Access to the bar is level.
- Room rates are available via our website. Large print room rates are available on request.
- Registration forms can be enlarged if required, and assistance is available with completion of these.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- There is no lift or escalator.
- The hotel is on three floors.
- Reception, the bar and restaurant are on the ground floor and are level
- All toilets are on the ground floor accessed via a long hall with a slight slope (grab rail).
- 1 step from the bar area to the garden.
- 1 step between the main entrance and the ground floor area (ramp available).
- Most doors within the building are fire rated with self closers.
- We do not have a public telephone, the hotel phone can be used in emergencies. All bedrooms have telephones.
- The corridor has good lighting and colour contrast, with changes in level accentuated by a strong contrast in colour where there are slopes. The corridor is 1500mm wide with some door access of 1000mm.
- Dogs are welcome in all areas of the hotel with the exception of the restaurant and some bedrooms. This restriction does not apply to guide dogs. A water bowl is provided on the veranda.
- Dogs are not permitted in certain bedrooms in order to reduce problems for allergy sufferers.
Public Areas – WC
- Accessible toilets are along a carpeted corridor from reception.
- There is an emergency call alarm in the accessible WC.
- A key (non universal) is required for access and is available from reception.
Restaurant / Dining Room
- Lighting is through natural lighting and wall lights.
- The restaurant floor covering is hard wood flooring.
- Seating & tables are not fixed. Tables are 730mm high and chairs are 500mm with a cushion top.
- Menus are available in large type if requested, and are also available to print from the website, along with the wine list. Staff are always willing to assist with reading and interpreting menus. Most allergies and special diets can be catered for given reasonable prior notice.
- In accordance with current laws, no smoking is permitted anywhere in the building.
- The restaurant is waiter/ess service. Guests can go straight to the table or relax in the bar first.
- All the WC is as described above and is 18m from the restaurant.
- Laundry facilities are available in house. This can be arranged at reception. Please allow 24hrs for return of laundry.
- There is no shop, treatment room or leisure facilities at The Lodge, but the village shop is 50 yards from us.
- We have 4 bedrooms on the ground floor which may be suitable for those with limited mobility. The remainder of the bedrooms are on the first and second floor.
- Due to the layout of the building, there is a large variation in distance from reception between bedrooms. Please discuss your requirements with reception when you make a booking and we will try to ensure you are in a suitable room.
- One bedroom on the ground floor and has a level approach from the main front door with a step which has a ramp. This bedroom also has a separate walk-in shower and toilet with a grab rail. We do not currently have a vibrating pillow pad.
- All bedrooms have TV with remote control but with the change to digital transmission they no longer have tele-text.
- Telephones are available in all of the bedrooms and these have direct dial numbers to each room. Reception can be called in cases of a night emergency even when Reception is closed.
- None of the bedrooms have any specific aids – please discuss your requirements with reception prior to your stay and we will endeavor to provide any items you need.
- Flooring in all internal bedrooms is short pile carpet and wooden floors in the Bottle Store, Coal Bunker & Garden Shed bedrooms. All bathrooms have tiled flooring.
- All bedrooms are well lit with a variety of lighting options i.e. ceiling and bedside lights. Most bathrooms have ceiling mounted spotlights.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available in all rooms, with cordless jug kettles.
- Various bed combinations i.e. Four Posters, twin, double and zip-link are available.
- All bedding is feather-free.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a front garden area with a courtyard to the rear of the property.
- The gardens have ample seats and a veranda area with heaters.
- There is a well in the courtyard which is covered with a grid but may be a hazard for unsupervised children.
- If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception between 07:15 and 23:15, or the night emergency number (Reception) outside these hours.
- Escape routes are shown on the back of each bedroom door, along with a brief summary of emergency procedures.
- The fire alarm signal is a continuous warbler. The alarm is tested each Week. The alarm sound pressure has been tested in accordance with BS 5839.
- We do not currently have a vibrating pillow system in any of the bedrooms. Please advise reception if you require someone to come to your room in the event of an evacuation.
- If you require equipment to be hired for your stay, please let us know in advance. We can arrange this for you but guests often prefer to speak directly to the hirer so that they can ensure that the equipment is suitable for their needs.
- Service dogs are welcome in all areas of the hotel, with the exception of bedrooms designated as dog free for allergy purposes.
- All mobile networks are available at the hotel, although reception can be patchy and you are advised to check that your mobile works in your particular room.
- The entire building is no-smoking